This term our art is all about using solids, liquids and gases to make art. Last week we finished our ‘gases’ art work, blowing ink through a straw.

First we looked at German Artist Pixie Cold‘s gallery online. She creates amazing artworks with a lot of watercolour and ink detail.

We especially liked her eyes watercolours

Dead by Candy by PixieCold on DeviantArt

Here is a video showing how she made this artwork of a pair of eyes with rainbow colours.

We used Pixie Cold’s eyes as inspiration for our blowing ink works! First Miss B found 2 drawings of eyes on the internet for us to use as a base, and she drew one too (but not as good as Pixies!).

Then we blew inkย all around the eye with a straw. We were trying to get the ink to look like the eye lashes. It was super messy, but really fun!

IMG_0847 ย IMG_0848 IMG_0849 IMG_0850 IMG_0851 IMG_0858 IMG_0864 IMG_0866

After the blowing ink had dried, we used watercolour paints to colour our eyes and add some shadow.

We love the end result, check them out!

They look amazing up on the wall!

18 thoughts on “Blowing Ink Eye Paintings”

1. Hello 56j

I really enjoyed doing the eye painting.

From, Adam

2. To Miss B,

Hey Awesome eyes! I like mine and Bradley’s the best though

From Michael! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Hey Miss B,

I really enjoyed this artwork although my head stared to spin. I hope we do a lot more artworks like this.

Bye for now
    Alyssa.

4. Hey Miss B,

This eye painting made me very dizzy but it was very fun can’t wait to do more fun artworks like this.

Elise

5. Hi 5/6j,

I love the art work they all look fabulous

From Ellexis

6. hi 5/6j,

I love the art and I liked making the eye – I hope you all did too.

7. Hi 56j

It was really fun to make these art works, did you have fun making them too?

From,Tamsine & Tanya

8. Hi miss B

it was so fun doing the ink blowing but it did make us a bit dizzy but they look so cool up on the wall
    from Talisha

9. Dear 5/6J,
    These are amazing!
    Special mention to Elise, Enas, Brooke, Bradley, and of course, Miss B!
    They really do look good on the wall! Keep up the good work.

From Tyarna ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Hi 5/6J,

your artworks are awesome, it looks like you put a heap of effort and patience into them. My favourite part of the artworks are the actual bright colours there so bright that my eyes started to twirl. However, you guys are fantastic artists i could never sketch an eye with so much perfection. (:

From Sanjana

11. Nice blowing ink eye artworks Miss B, I wish we did it last year i would have been good at it. How’s your new class going?
    I’m really enjoying high school if you were going to ask. Wonder how all the other year 7 are going?

Well see you later. Bye! Sincerely Kane.

12. Hi Kane,

Thanks for the comment! We really liked those eye art lessons. 5/6J 2015 is going well, we are enjoying our art and science the most I’d say. Next term we are going to read the second book in ‘The Thickety’ series, Miss B actually got a signed copy by the author, how cool is that!

Glad High School is going well,

Have a good holiday!

Miss B

13. Hello Miss Beavis,

I loved Blowing ink through a straw.

It was very fun!

Thank you
    Matthew

14. Hi Miss B

Everyone is commenting on the eye paintings because they are awesome! (;

From Chris and Josh.

15. Thanks Briana I appreciate it my artworks were amazing but yours are better ๐Ÿ˜€ I hope your having fun in year 6 in miss Beavis’ class 5/6J see you later!

16. Ahh your reading the thickety 2 book I wanted to but unfortunately we didn’t get to. But I liked the first one and I’m glad I got to read it’s with you and 5/6J, I really miss my friends etc. Adam, Seth, Nathan, jimmy, Jayden, Sarah, Harley and the others I wonder how the year 7’s are going? Are you year 6’s this year going well how’s harley going this year I hope he’s being good and can you tell Harley I said hi. Talk to you later miss Beavis. From a great student Kane.

17. That’s good that you’re having fun in year 6.
    I loved doing art but not much science (no offence Miss B). Yes I am having fun in year 7, I have made a lot of new friends.
    Well see ya bye.

18. Amazing idea and so well executed! I love all the different styles the students showed, both in drawing the eye and in blowing the colour on. Definitely sounds like an interesting lesson. Have any of you revisited this style in different ways, perhaps shading on trees, the sky, other parts of the face, etc. etc. Love this post!
    ~Brigit