It’s easier than you think to make an animation online. An animation is a repeated series of images that change slightly and are then played at a fast speed.

We can use the site Draw Island to make a simple animation. This is what Draw Island looks like:

You draw your starting image using the pen and shape tools. When you are ready to add the next change (animation) click ‘Save to Animate’. Your slide is copied and you keep adding details. Every time you add the next part of your drawing, click Save to Animate.

When you have finished, you click ‘Generate Gif’. A gif is is short animation file. You can change the speed of your gif, Miss B likes slow. Its easy to download your gif and then upload the file to a blog or wikispaces page!

Here is the volcano Miss B made -I’m sure 5/6J can do better!

image

Click here to see it on the lost cities wikispaces page (I added it by clicking file and then searching for the gif I had downloaded, which was saved in the downloads folder on my computer)

Visit Draw Island to make and save your own animation!

If you don’t have time to put it on your wikispaces page, save it in your folder for another time!

One thought on “Making a Volcano Animation”