This term, as we read Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin we are reading, thinking about and creating fractured fairy tales.

Image result for fractured fairy tales

There are many ways to write a fractured fairy tale. People have been adapting fairy tales for centuries for new books, tv shows, poems and movies.

Here are some ways to ‘change’ a fairy tale:

Image result for fractured fairy tales

Here are some picture books that have been written based on well known fairy tales. Can you work out which tale?

Image result for fractured fairy tales

TASK FOR 5/6J members:

Log in to the blog and add a comment. Write 5 sentences of a narrative, based on a fairy tale. Use the pictures below as INSPIRATION!

Image result

Image result for photograph fairy tale

Image result for boy fairy tale photography

21 thoughts on “Fractured Fairy Tales”

1. Queen Summer In her white thick dress, and her white fluffy coat as her coat started to go up in the air . her hair starts to go up in the air and an eagle on her hand the wings going up all the birds start to fly around but not the eagle the just had his wing up in the air. and as the prince goes the opposite way.

2. Queen flora rid her magical pet unicorn through the dirty floor of the forest. Then she heard something coming for inside the trees. Then she jumped off her unicorn and started the walk forward towards the woods. She saw the bushes wobbling be hind her. She turned around and her prince charming the 2nd jumped out.”DON’T SCARE ME LIKE THAT”she shouted. Sorry…

3. queen Victoria the 2nd arrived at the palace, and yelled supper at once. The maiden whispered why are we working here she’s a sickening, malicious, evil queen the queen quickly saw and heard her she yelled send her to the dudgeons at once the security came quickly on their hover boards all the maidens straitened up there backs and starred…

by hayley

4. Great scene description Hayley! I think you need some more full stops…

5. Sounds interesting Summer! Check you hve enough full stops and each sentence has all the necessary words.

6. Hi 5/6J

The elegant queen, walked her unicorn into the forest, she didn’t know why but her unicorn did. The unicorn tried telling her that she was cursed to do this. The unicorn kept on whimpering and neighing but the queen would not listen. The queen kept walking and walking until she stopped in the middle of the forest. She said “I’m so sorry I have to do this I can’t stop myself.”

7. Hi 56j,

The girl strolled down the wood forest with a basket full of delicious apples.
    She was approached by a stranger with big teeth and great bulging eyes.
    She ran to the closest house she knew but when the knocked the door flew open
    and nobody was in sight. “Granny” she yelled where are you, the was silence…

8. Hi 56j

The evil queen, walked her visious pony around the dark and wicked woods as the pony leaped over a giant log or what could of been a log. A fox jumped out of the bushes then another and another there was almost 21 foxes. She was petrified this couldn’t be. She woke up around 2 hours later and shouted “WHAT where am I can’t find myself!” A couple days later she’s now alone. She’s scared and she saw a monster in the distance it approches her and her last words were ” Im not safe anymore.”

9. Hi 56j

The unicorn was getting ready to die as the girl lead her into The Woods and killed by The Woods Man.
    He though he was supposed to kill he girl!
    The axe went flying after a hour only two voices where heard .

10. Veronica the malicious queen of the forest rode her cursed unicorn down the dirty path way. She came across a mysterious, old, dusty box what was in that box? But before she could open it she heard a shatter in the woods, the trees glistened in the sun Is there some one following her? She felt a slight touch on her shoulder she knew this would come she said her last words before her soul drifted away….

11. Hi 5/6j

The enchantress closed her eyes and said the magic words it was done the curse was over.

12. The Princess ran with tom the pony sprinting threw the forest jumping over logges and around trees untell they were climing up a rocky mountain then toms hoove got stuck in between the large boulders the pincess new there was no time she kissed tom and ran further up the hill she got to the top and looked down and herd a boom! she got up and and sleeped on a rock and fell down the hill she woke to a big rough toungue.

By Twisty.Pace

13. Queen Emma the 1st arrival at the castle was waiting for her pray,Then a person said someone is coming for you so look out because they are coming for your family.The Queen yelled out stop right there do not tough them.

14. The Princess ran away with max the pony as she ran throw the forest. Than she ran throw the cures area. She couldn’t get out, but the pony the could so she ran for help.
    she got the king to help.

by alex

15. princess treser was walking her horse to the castel when some one called her by gemma

16. As he touched the mirror he knew the ancient prophecy was true. The earth beneath him began to tremble, and the trees grew taller and twisted by the second. Everything was spinning, the mirror revealed a bright shimmering, mysterious light that made everything else difficult to see. The boy began to fade, and all of a sudden dissappeared … No one would ever find out what happened to the boy…

17. The crows whipped past old greg almost knocking him off his feet
    the white witch began to sing the magic words: i have all things good!
    It was to late …….

18. Hi,

I woke up soaking wet,I heard the soft
    tap of water dripping onto stone … Wait stone?
    I thought I was in bed,where am I!I quickly sat up,
    I was in a dungeon,I look around the room there
    is moss growing on the wet stone …
    From chris

From chris

19. hi56j
    i the king of gaints banished by a mere crown how could this happen to me a crown
    made from my own people. when i get down there’s a slaughter. “are you with me lads” ‘oh cat”

20. hi 56j

Prince ben was walking his horse to the castel,
    when some one called jack the horse. From Tanishap.

21. It was cold and smoogy. She just wanted to go at her home, but she did not know what to do. She looked a way and she went outside. She was really tired. But she saw a unicorn.
    -Yes , I’m saved…