26 thoughts on “Publishing our 5 Line Writing”

1. Hi its Bailey here i’m going to write my 5 lines:

It was 1654 in Hong Kong when suddenly the calm waves went crazy! The ships started to move, the ocean roared and ROARED! What happened after that could not be unseen, to be continued…

2. Hi it’s Nathan : )

There once were three ships sailing to Tokyo.The ships lost two people the first night because of the big waves. The next day the seas were low but they saw pirates. They tried to avoid them but one by one the pirates shot at the boats and they went down…

3. Hi 5/6J,

A long time ago there was a ferocious battle between two rivals and they were both looking for the thing that will make them immortal – the Fountain of Yout h.But with this comes a price, of a treasure of a life time. Their names were creepy that is why they didn’t notice till now. Their names were Captain Davy Jones and Edward Bramwell. I know their names aren’t creepy but to a pirate it becomes a bit different.

Josh’s story

4. Hi, this is my 5 line writing:

All of a sudden the sail of the ship was all cut,scratched and burnt. The captain (with a hook hand and a ripped eyepatch)called all his pets and crew down to the treasure room and said “grab as much treasure as you can – were swimming to an island”.

Enas

5. Hi it’s Tamsine and this is my 5 line writing:

The wind was getting stronger and stronger each minute. The waves crashed against the ships. The storm had struck the boats, tilting them from side to side and one of the ships collided with a giant rock that pierced a hole in the side of the ship and it started to fill up with water.T he captain said to his crew all we can do is hope for PEACE.

6. To 5/6J

We were being shook around in the storm. An unforgiving hole tore through the mast. Jason jumped from the hull after his father, who had fallen off the boat. His mother screamed at him but he still jumped. I ran to the deck – comforting her.

After Jason returned to the deck with his father, he got sent to his room.

Victoria’s story

7. All of a sudden Bam! Lightning almost struck the ship,
    the Captain was looking about on the deck, the rain was
    pelting down. The Captain was speechless,then a huge
    gigantic wave was heading towards the ship…

8. Dear 5/6J,

The wind became stronger. The flag-boats tilted
    from side to side. It even lifted from
    the surface of the sea and fell with an
    enormous crash. Screeches were heard all around.
    But let me start from the beginning…

Tyarna.O

9. Hey 5/6J
    This is my story on this picture

The sea was rough, the whole boat flipped and turned. Windows shattered and the masts flew as rain pelted down and thunder howled like wolves. Passengers were thrown around the boat from the monster like waves. Suddenly Ben was thrown off the boat! What will happen next in this wild storm?

– Alyssa

10. “We cant make it, 1 ship has already been struck with lightning,” screamed one of the oarsmen.
    “We can make it,” the captain screamed back as a huge wave crashed onto the boat
    and the wind blew everything that wasn’t roped down overboard.
    “Aaaahhhhhhhhh!” screamed one of the oarsmen as he was blown overboard.
    Then out of nowhere a huge wave toppled onto the boat, never to be seen again to this day…

11. Hey 5/6J
    This is my story

All of a sudden, without warning, the winds started to pick up. Reaching 100km/h and waves reaching 5ft, the sea’s tumbled and turned. I had butterflies in my stomach the storm looked like a scene out of “Jaws”. I was horrified, I couldn’t imagine the wreckage afterwards.

-Hannah

12. Dear 5/6J,

The ships shifted from side to side.The people tripped
    over the floors of the ship, the waves crashed against
    the sides of the ships. It was scary but I didn’t let
    anyone know that I was scared. I closed my eyes and
    thought of happy thoughts. At that second it was silent, that’s all
    I remember from that horrible sight…

Elise.P

13. Hi Miss B!
    I hope you like my small paragraph of writing!

The waves crashed down on the ships, the wind grew stronger, the thunder grew louder, the rain became harsher!
    There was nothing to see but stormy grey skies and terror! Captain James and his crew were hopeless, they knew
    they were done for. Captain James’ wife grasped him with her eyes shut tight and sobbed. There was nothing they could
    do but hope for the best…

By Tanya.

14. Hi 5/6J and visitors to the site,

Here’s what I wrote on the picture above,

The wind suddenly ripped through the sails and a wave sent one the boats crashing across the ocean. The captain shouted for the crew to lower the sails but the storm was too fierce for the crew to hear him! Everyone was in panic overdrive! No one knew if they would make it through the night. The storm raged for days and nights on end.

I hope you enjoyed my story.

From Zoe
    Zoe

15. Hi 5/6J,

All of a sudden a gigantic wave struck and bashed into the ships.
    It was 12:00am, they had marks and scratches all over there faces.
    The lighting struck their boat, there was a leak.
    It was 1:30am and a gigantic wave came their way…

By Jimmy

16. Hi Miss B

Here is mine I hope you like it.

Suddenly the waves got bigger. Four ships stuck in a storm. The ships were rocking back and forward. The crew were wondering – was it a sea serpent or a storm? Then they saw a head… it all went silent not a word.

Thanks, Talisha

17. Hi Miss B,

The rain pelted down as the grey clouds covered the sun.The wind blew the waves higher and higher over the ships and the lightning lit up the grey sky as the ships tried to get out of the storm.

From Chris

18. Hi 5/6J,
    I hope you like my writing!

The wind was strong and rough.The waves were rough and big. The ships were going from side to side. The pirates were getting wet from the water and their ships were getting ruined.The pirates were not giving up, they were going to keep going through the sea till they found land.

From Ellexis

19. Hi Miss B and others out there reading this,

I’m doing 5 line writing, enjoy!

Here I go,

War has begun. The pirates were fighting over gold. Suddenly a strong wind and heavy rain came rushing towards the ships.
    Massive waves were smashing into the sides of the ship rocking them like mad. The pirates are shooting cannons like crazy. They badly want that gold.
    The gold of justice is more valuable then any other gold around … will the waves destroy the ships or will they destroy each other!

20. Hi 5/6J

At this point in time there was no way these boats were surviving!
    Captain Lightstruck was panicking trying to think how everyone was going to survive and if he did survive, how would the rest of the world react?
    They would blame him for everything.
    Suddenly the boat started to sink…:)

By Matthew

21. Hi Miss B,

One horrible night there were three ships on the ocean,
    suddenly one of the ships was tilting from side to side and one of the passengers fell overboard.
    What if the captain can’t see what happened to one of his passengers? The storm got worse and worse. No one saw the captain ever again.

From Taleisha

22. Two ships are in a battle, the captain is Captain Edward Kenway. He stood on the edge of the ship, he damaged it then he hooked in the rope. He would kill them until they surrendered.

From Kyle

23. Hi it’s Makayla here!

One stormy night 3 boats arrived at the deck.
    They got off the boat. A crew man got out and
    said, “We will battle at noon tomorrow” and it started.

from Makayla

24. Hi 5/6J,

In the night there was a light. The boat crashed and became a ghost.
    It is now haunted as the boat is a ghost. 50 people died. The Captain had drowned.

25. Hi it’s Bradley and this is my five line writing:

The war has been going on for 4 days now. People have been injured and our worst enemy is death and Blackbeard.

26. Hi 5/6J,
    I am so very impressed with your first writing attempt. Some of you have really captured the emotion and carnage of the stimulus image and used effective vocab to engage the reader. I also like the fact that you could only write 5 lines – quality is often so much more effective than quantity!
    A special ‘tickle under the chin’ for Alyssa, Michael and Matthew B.
    Keep up the awesome imagery!
    Mr Caban